Friday, January 6, 2012

Random Friday


I call this post Random Friday, which may or may not indicate a recurring weekly post on random stuff. We shall see. Since I've deactivated my Facebook account and don't really care to use Twitter, I suspect this is where all the Facebook status updates I compose in my head will end up.

I've added a follow by e-mail button over on the right. If you want to get e-mail updates when I add a new post, go ahead and enter your e-mail address and hit submit. Easy.

My almost-two-year-old thinks smiling is something you do only with your eyes. Tell her to smile and she makes huge bug eyes that slowly drift off to the side. I'm not sure where this came from, but it never fails to make me laugh. Maybe she thinks "Smile!" is a command to get her to make me smile. In that case, she's got it down.

I'm seriously considering a chore chart for myself. Apparently I am five and thus need some manufactured motivation.

I am also counting down the days until I think my daughters can grasp this concept. It's brilliant. I think I'm almost there with the three-year-old.

I feel terrible for my 137-pound dog who had a growth removed from his foot last Tuesday. He's stuck with a cone of shame for what I've been told will be a "very long healing process" involving twice-weekly bandage changes by the vet.  And did I mention his cone of shame is actually a size bigger than necessary because the vet was out of his size. Her exact words were "it's big enough for a bear." I jokingly asked if he would be able to fit through the door, and she said, "if he turns his head sideways."  It's true.  My daughter observed that he looks like Mother Goose. I'm not sure a bonnet would be any less degrading. Poor guy.


2 comments:

  1. Here are my random comments...

    -I'm currently trying to make the third version of a cleaning schedule for myself. Maybe it would work better if I got stickers for getting things done each day.

    -Cute ransom box idea. I'm thinking of making picture chore cards of some kind for Levi. He's a good helper, but I'd like him to start seeing that he has "responsibilities" just like Mom and Dad.

    -Poor Caesar...the dreaded cone of shame. When did he get so grey? He doesnt' really look old, just "distinguished".

    -Your picture does not properly show just how big he is. Should have put him by something for scale.

    -I heart Caesar...he's the sweetest!

    -Mother Goose! Ha! I totally see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need a chore chart for myself, too. I've tried apps, chore charts for the kids, etc. I have a to-do list a mile long. What am I doing during the kids' nap time? I'm updating Google reader. Now THAT is important.

    ReplyDelete